Popular Posts Of Last Seven Days

Wednesday 13 June 2007

WOE UNTO THEM


Richard Helmick


ISAIAH 5:20 20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Daily bible reading is presently Isaiah. The verse above struck me greatly in the last few days.

The following is an exert from the text of the Jesuit Extreme Oath of Induction as recorded in the Journals of the 62nd Congress, 3rd Session, of the United States Congressional Record (House Calendar No. 397, Report No. 1523, 15 February, 1913. The full quote can be found in the EIPS website and numerous other websites.

"I do now denounce and disown any allegiance as due to any heretical king, prince or State, named Protestant or Liberal, or obedience to any of their laws, magistrates or officers. I do further declare the doctrine of the Churches of England and Scotland of the Calvinists, Huguenots, and others of the name of Protestants or Masons to be damnable, and they themselves to be damned who will not forsake the same.
I do further declare that I will help, assist, and advise all or any of His Holiness's agents, in any place where I should be, in Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Ireland or America, or in any other kingdom or territory I shall come to, and do my utmost to extirpate the heretical Protestant or Masonic doctrines and to destroy all their pretended powers, legal or otherwise.
I do further promise and declare that, notwithstanding, I am dispensed with to assume any religion heretical for the propagation of the Mother Church's interest; to keep secret and private all her agents' counsels from time to time, as they entrust me, and not to divulge, directly or indirectly, by word, writing or circumstances whatever; but to execute all that should be proposed, given in charge, or discovered unto me by you, my Ghostly Father, or any of this sacred order.
I do further promise and declare that I will have no opinion or will of my own or any mental reservation whatever, even as a corpse or cadaver (perinde ac cadaver), but will unhesitatingly obey each and every command that I may receive from my superiors in the militia of the Pope and of Jesus Christ."

Surely the plight of those deceived by such odious individuals can only be one of foreboding. One present day Jesuit Richard Helmick (pictured above) has lately given a lecture in St Paul`s Chapel Cambridge which he describes in an interview in the Boston globe.
http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2007/05/05/understanding_enemy_is_key_to_peace/
One question and answer from his interview;
Q Are you saying there's no such thing as evil?

A Evil is not a thing of itself, but the absence of good. That's a fundamental you would find, say, in [St. Thomas] Aquinas. I don't believe in evil people. I believe in an awful lot of evil that is done by people. In the Irish case, clergy who got up to talk about the conflict were inclined to tell their people, you are bigots, you are evil. Of course, people would say, "He doesn't understand us." The only way that could be successful for the preacher was to find what is the best in their people and appeal to that.

Helmick has been described as;
"An authority in conflict resolution and mediation, he has worked on some of the most explosive and important political issues of our time, engaging in the peace process in Northern Ireland, mediating conflict in the Balkans, working to establish better relations between the Israelis and the Palestinians".

In other words, he is meddling everywhere there is trouble and he is an expert in confusing people with gobbledegook.

No comments: