Popular Posts Of Last Seven Days
-
A most unusual career end for a so-called "Bible-believing" Protestant, relegation to the "House of Horrors" at Westmins...
-
http://www.bcmchess.co.uk/monarch2007/index.html I will be giving time to prepare to play in a chess tournament in the lovely Isle Of Man....
-
Mr Cmore Sweeny, picture by courtesy of Christmyhero website. Mr Sweeny may like the colour "blue" judging by this picture. 1 Fool...
-
Just read this ingenius poem on the http://paisleyties.blogspot.com/ website. It probably reveals everything that needs to be known about C...
-
According to various news sources Brady has been "elevated" to the status of apprentice Antichrist. Pope Lundy1 has "CONGRATU...
-
When,where and how did it all begin? When,where and how will it all end? I wonder if Tamar Yonah`s very interesting article, "IF I WER...
-
This issue is in the news quite often but usually discussed in a very generalised way. Here is an interesting article which looks at th...
-
One of the "brainwaves" hatched up by the Lundy party and IRA/MI5 was to elevate an Alliance party member to be the minister for p...
-
Today is the anniversary of the Kingmills murders. The day is usually marked by a memorial service at the scene. FAIR website usually ca...
-
This "Team" claims he supports them as well! Changing Attitude Ireland has received support from OFMDFM (Office of First Minister ...
Thursday, 25 August 2011
FEATURE ABOUT BELFAST`S BEST KNOWN HOTEL
The VBC website has a special feature about the Europa Hotel. The picture above caught my attention you can see two of the old city center cinemas and the old Grand Opera House in the background as well as an old bus.
If I remember rightly the Odeon cinema was the most expensive in the city. I do remember going to see Kelly`s Heroes there. I think the well known phrase "think positive" may have originated from that movie, "don`t hit me with the negative waves" was also tranformed into English language folklore by that movie!
This weekend the Europa will be hosting the Ulster Chess Championships. As far as I know unlike the English Chess Federation the Ulster Chess Federation is not headed by a deviant.
Also, as far as I know, the Europa Hotel does not let people stay there for 6 nights then charge them for 12 nights, unlike the thieves in the Caleta Hotel in Gibraltar, or as it is better known the Ali Babba Hotel.
Also, as far as I know, no known chess cheats will be taking part in the tournament, unlike many other chess tournaments throughout the world. Chess sharks and Chess hustlers are everywhere.
UPDATE. I have just seen a new article after writing this. It is too soon to know whether it is a practical joke or not, but it features of all things, CHESS CHEATING.
This is a totally useless piece of information but it may amuse someone. The Ulster Chess Union is not recognised by FIDE the world chess governing body. The reason being, the Ulster Chess Union does not have enough money to bribe the officials neccessary to facilitate such recognition.
It is better not being a member of FIDE as it is overseen by a total lunatic and most of the chessworld seem happy to have it so.
This is the soundtrack from Kelly`s Heroes!
Ecclesiastes 7:6
For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool: this also is vanity.
Labels:
Audio/Video,
Bible,
chess,
morallity,
Music,
providence
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment