Popular Posts Of Last Seven Days

Monday 31 May 2010

THE WATER IS WIDE, A HISTORICAL TUNE.

Here is a nice song for all the fools who got their fingers badly burned today, especially Mairead Corrigan and John Hurson. The water was just to wide for them today.

Israel should expell the Irish Ambassador and tell Hague if he does not shut his mouth they will blow the lid clean of the COLLUSION issue in N.Ireland. It is good to know there is now an Israeli submarine with nuclear weapons in the Perian Gulf.

This is a beautiful tune it is used for the great hymn "When I survey the Wondrous Cross."




Apparently it can be used for this Psalm as well.

PSALM 42 (AS THE DEER LONGS)
tune: O Waly, Waly
text: Danna Harkin, copyright 1975 by Word, Inc.

As the deer longs for flowing streams
So longs my soul for you, O God
My soul does thirst for the living God
When shall I come to see your face?

My tears have fed me day and night,
While some have said, "Where is your God?"
But I recall as my soul pours dry,
The days of praise within your house.

Why do I mourn and toil within,
When it is mine to hope in God?
I shall again sing praise to him,
He is my help, he is my God.


The latest events will give Jim Shannon the opportunity to show his support for Israeli actions when he makes his maiden speech, though I suspect he is much too cowardly to do so!

No comments: